Now that I have more time on my hands because school is over, I decided to embark on the journey through my cookbook, The Best of Cooking Light. My dad was also in the cooking mood so he went ahead and decided on Quinoa and shrimp, but I wanted to add a fresh healthy touch with this recipe for Roasted Cauliflower with Fresh Herbs and Parmesan.
Because my grandmother cannot have anything high in sugar or starchy, this is a healthy side dish low on calories and contains no carbs. Do I have your attention yet?
Here’s how to make it yourself.
You will need:
- 12 cups cauliflower florets (about 2 heads)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
5. You can chop the parsley and garlic in the meantime.
We made a flavorful NO CARB dinner that consisted of sauteed shrimp, quinoa, and roasted cauliflower. Absolutely deelish!!